Disintegration Tester or DT Apparatus is a solid state instrument designed for the accurate estimation of disintegration time of tablets as per IP/USP standards. The instrument is designed to test two batches of six tablets, simultaneously. The unit is extremely useful for pharmaceutical industries. It is used in quality control and R & D to determine compliance with the disintegration requirement of the tablet and capsule as per USP/BP/IP standards.
Instrument uses the latest microprocessor technology and advanced engineering techniques so as to give enhanced accuracy and reproducibility. The system has user friendly prompts, which guide you throughout the measurement process.
The instrument has two basket assemblies with independent timers and motors. The timers and temperature are displayed on 5 digit and 3 digit seven segment red LED displays respectively. Each timer can be set and used individually. The baskets are automatically positioned at the top when the test is over.
Features of DT Apparatus:
- Programmable time with digital display
- Auto stop after the set time with audio alarm for enteric coated tablets
- Facility to hold and resume the time and motor movement for quickly disintegration tablets.
- Manual mode of operation in case digital syustem fails
- Special low RPM motor means less noise and constant speed even at very low/high voltage (160-260)
- Heating control through digital temp. meter
The unit is provided with two glass beakers having capacity of 1000 ml with arrangement to hold temperature sensor placed in the sturdy, acrylic water bath. The large spread out stainless steel heater ensures perfectly uniform heating. The instrument has a dual channel temperature system with sensors to monitor the test temperature of disintegration beaker as well as water bath. The temperature of the water bath and vessels are accurately maintained using highly accurate sensors and microcontroller technology. The basket speed is accurately controlled and maintained as per IP, USP specifications.